Laura Christensen, M.A., M.Ac., L.Ac.
Oberlin College pre-med BA 1982
New England School of Acupuncture MAc 1984
Lesley University MA Counseling Psychology 1986
- Japanese Acupuncture by Miki Shima, OMD
- Chinese Herbology by Ken Morris, LAc
- Graduate Herbalist Training (4 y) Sharon Weizenbaum LAp
- Kiiko Matsumoto Style Japanese acupuncture
- Electroacupuncture medicine
2012-2020: Adjunct lecturer at the University of Iowa Global Health Studies program, teaching “Studies in Complementary and Alternative Medicine” course
Laura is originally from Iowa City.
Hobbies: music, cooking, reading, dogs, gardening, spiritual practice
Family: 3 grown up step children, 5 step-grandchildren, nieces and nephews, siblings and Dad still in Iowa City. Laura’s husband is a retired researcher and clinical laboratory scientist at the University of Iowa Medical center for 35 years. He now spends his time studying middle east history and culture and linguistics and its effect on the bible.
Lindy Ahrens, L.Ac., M.A.
- Nationally board-certified practitioner of acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine.
- Acupuncture license since 2012 in Florida and Iowa.
- Masters Degree in Acupunture, East West College of Natural Medicine in Sarasota, Florida 2011.
- TriHealth Medical Hospital, Cincinnati, OH 2014-2017.
- Practicing in Iowa City, IA since 2017.
- Currently studying Electroacupuncture medicine
Her focus is providing her patients with thorough and individualized care. Lindy has a passion for working with pain management cases where she sees patients with acute and chronic musculoskeletal imbalances.
She also has specialized training in facial rejuvenation acupuncture.
She offers a variety of modalities such as acupuncture with or without electrical stimulation, cupping, moxibustion, Tui Na, Gua Sha, Chinese herbal medicine, auricular acupuncture, and lymphatic drainage.