Acupuncture can be the key to naturally stopping smoking, and it is available through our Quit Smoking Now program at Acupuncture of Iowa.
As a result of quitting smoking a person will find they have more energy, resolve annoying health problems such as headaches, cough, aches and pains, and heartburn. They will also save money and reduce the chances of smoking-related illnesses over the coming years.
Drug-based methods for quitting smoking, such as nicotine patches and gum and psychoactive medications, have proven effective for many people but they can be expensive, are not always effective, and sometimes lead to new addictions and dependencies, as well as unwanted side effects. They can also be very expensive in the long run, maybe even more expensive than smoking. In the meantime, Acupuncture has been found to be very effective as a natural approach to quitting smoking.
Our protocol has been shown, in tens of thousands of patients, to completely eliminate cigarette cravings for 90% of people in 2 treatments. The other 10% may need one additional visit.
A key advantage of acupuncture for smoking cessation is no negative side effects. Unlike pharmaceutical options, acupuncture does not introduce additional chemicals into the body and does not create new addictions such as dependence on expensive nicotine patches that never resolve the addiction. Additionally, acupuncture addresses not only the physical addiction but also the psychological and emotional aspects of smoking. It helps eliminate withdrawal symptoms, cravings, and stress, which often trigger relapses.
Most people are looking for a simple solution to their smoking addiction and the pharmaceutical companies have capitalized on this, moving them from one addiction to another without real hope of an effective cure. Trading one addiction for another is not a true solution.
The cost of cigarette smoking for a pack-a-day smoker is now at least 7 dollars a day or 210 dollars per month. This comes to 2520 dollars yearly. The cost to the economy of the US, including health effects, lost wages, and other economic impact is $1436 billion per year. Despite the fact that many have quit, the economic impact still remains a huge to individuals, their families and our society.
Research on the effectiveness of acupuncture for smoking cessation is ongoing, but in the medical literature there are many reports of positive results, with reduced cravings and increased success in quitting using acupunctcure. Individuals who make a solid commitment to stopping smoking, and are supported by coworkers, friends, and family, will have excellent results.
Our quit smoking protocol signals nervous system that it no longer needs smoking to relax, and addresses a part of the brain that is involved in addiction, as well as the lungs and the autonomic nervous system. The points used will be in the ear, hands and feet. Patients will be treated for 20-30 minutes on two consecutive days at our clinic. A third day may be necessary for a small number of people
We are currently accepting new participants for our Quit Smoking Now clinic. Call 319-341-0031 to learn more and schedule your visits.